Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

8/25/20 Report - Treasure Coast Beach Conditions Little Improved. Some Erosion on Beaches.

 

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Wabasso Beach Tuesday Morning.

Yesterday I visited John Brooks and Frederick Douglass beaches, so today visited some of the beaches in Indian River County.

Above is Wabasso.  Nobody there.

I also visited Ambersands.


Ambersands Tuesday Morning.

There were people collecting shells.  No detectorists.


Ambersands Beach Tuesday Morning.


As you can see, there was seaweed in addition to shells.

The sand extended way out beyond the shell line.  I didn't really want to see all that sand in front of the beach.  

The shells weren't that good.  Mostly pieces and small shells.  I didn't notice any fossils in the shell piles.  


Ambersands Tuesday Morning.

I also stopped at Turtle Trail.  Seagrape is still closed.

There is a spot between Treasure Shores and Ambersands that has been good this year but it is a long walk and I didn't go there today.


Turtle Trail Tuesday Morning.


There was a cut running along much of the beach at Turtle Trail, but the bags weren't showing.  I think I saw some material from one bag but that is all.

Also notice the shells.  Again the shell pile wasn't a high quality.  Smaller shells and pieces.


Turtle Trail Tuesday Morning.


I didn't do a good job of capturing the cuts in these photos, but Dj sent me some photos of the cuts from yesterday when it appears the cuts were forming.


Turtle Trail Monday.
Photo by DJ.


It looks like the best might be over.

The surf was higher yesterday.  And these photos look like it was nearer high tide when the photos were taken.


Turtle Trail Monday.
Photo by DJ.

If I looked at DJ's photos before I went, I would have tried to take the same perspective.


Turtle Trail Monday.
Photo by DJ.

Turtle Trail erodes during a southeast wind more often than a lot of the beaches.  Brooks, particularly the north end, has been doing that lately too.  I think that might be because of all the renourishment sand.

Thanks much for the photos DJ.

---

It looks like the storms have passed us by.  It doesn't look like anything is headed our way right now.

Happy hunting,

Treasureguide@comcast.net