Search This Blog

Sunday, March 28, 2021

3/28/21 Report - Seeking Explanation For Coin Finds. Encrusted Object and Embossed Bottle Finds. Inconsistencies No Surprise.

 

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.

Older Foreign Coins 
Found by Michael T.

Michael T. wrote the following email and sent the above photo. Michael has some questions about these coins and would like your thoughts and opinions.   It is a good topic for discussion as I'm sure that others have had similar unexplained experiences.

Below is what Michael said.

Good morning. Mike T here. I wanted to throw this out to you for some possible input and opinions from you and your readers. Over the last three months or so I have found the foreign coins in the attached photo. I have found many foreign coins in different beach locations over the years mostly more modern and generally European or Canadian in origin.
  The odd thing about these finds is that they all came from a very small piece of the same beach maybe within a stretch of about 100 feet total. I did not find them all at the same time they just keep randomly popping up when I work this section and it is generally after we get some good wind and erosion or heavy surf as we’ve had this past week. There are two Mexican 5 centavo pieces dating 1954 and 1955. There is one Swiss franc dated 1968. The Vietnamese 10 dong is dated 1964 and the last coin I found yesterday at the low tide is a Turkish Kuru dated 1949. I can honestly say that I have never found any coins like these anywhere else especially in the date ranges that these are. They obviously have been in the ocean a long time due to their condition. The one Mexican centavo I cleaned with electrolysis  just to see how it would clean up. They are bronze coins and are quite patinaed when they came out of the sand.
    I have also found numerous green and older American coins in the same small section as well as several rings some gold some silver.
I have been trying to make sense of this for sometime since I started finding them and wondering if you or anyone else has ever had an experience like this. My mind has wandered to whether someone intentionally threw them in the ocean years ago perhaps a coin collection belonging to someone else or someone passed away there are so many unanswered questions. Any input is always enjoyed from you or the readers as we have such a large group of people with such a vast amount of experience! Thanks as always for your writings and experiences.

Send me your thoughts for Michael.

I'll add a few observations of my own.  As you know, you can make sense of finds.  Some places produce one kind of find and other places produce other kinds of finds.  For example, when I was down south, a lot of Canadians visited Hollywood Beach, and you would find a lot of Canadian coins there.  Down in Miami at some of the international resorts, you would find coins from around the world - more from some countries than others depending upon resort marketing etc.  And some locations were populated by communities from different parts of the world.   And of course different areas or layers corresponding to time periods of activity occasionally open up.  Just last fall, one area opened up and produced a lot of early to mid-19th century coins, and that area had produced virtually none of those for years in the recent past.

I'm eager to receive you thourhts for Michael.

---

I visited an area that I believe is near a little searched shipwreck (possibly 18th century), and found this encrusted artifact.  It is less than a half foot in diameter, and obviously needs cleaning.

Encrusted Object From Suspected Old Shipwreck Site.

And on another walk I found some old bottles including an embossed Gordon's Dry Gin bottle (not one of the older ones), a brown cork-top bottle and this embossed milk of magnesia bottle.

Embossed Phillips
Milk of Magnesia Bottle.

That isn't one of the older Milk of Magnesia bottles.  The older ones are round and darker blue.

I considered this one a good find because I only saw a very small bit of blue sticking out from the sand before I uncovered it.  It was more about finding it than the value of it, which is little.

They sure put a lot of words on that bottle.  It reads as follows:  MILK OF MAGNESIA, TRADE MARK, REC'D IN US PATENT OFFICE, AUG. 21, 1906. THE CHAS. H. PHILLIPS CHEMICAL COMPANY, GLENBROOK, CONN.

That is a lot of embossing for a bottle.

----

Not long ago JamminJack said one of his friends was predicted three dollar a gallon gasoline at the pump.  We are getting close.  I'm still expecting four dollars, maybe another year down the road.

If you got your stimulus check, hold onto it.   If you haven't spent it on gas, they are talking about raising taxes so you'll need to give it back then.

----

I've thought many times about talking more about the "attack" on Captial Hill, but kept putting it off, but now ABC and the other news outlets put out a big story about the inconsistencies that are creating problems for the prosecutors.

First of all, the FBI says this is one of the biggest investigations ever.  It is a shame how many citizens are being harrassed just because they visited the DC and attended a political rally.  It amounts to a mass roundup of political participants.  No wonder the FBI was late on the mass shootings. Investigating Trump and Trump supporters has been their primary activity since  botching the Clinton cover-up, false FISA warrants, etc.

Did this picture ever strike you as being strange?  A guy that was part of a "violent mob" that had to fight his way into the building poses for a photo by himself in unsmudged makeup and perfect costume photographed, or documented, by a known Antifa member that was not charged, unlike the Trump supporters. 




I could go on about this for a long time, but won't.  I'll let the ABC report pick it up from there.

I will add that the attention seeking Viking Guy said that a policeman opened a door and waved him in, and I did see what appeared to be police open a door and allow people in during the live coverage.  

Here is the ABC link.

Prosecutors struggle with consistent story in Jan. 6 cases - ABC News (go.com)

---


The good news is that there is still hope for an increase in the surf in a few days.


Source: MagicSeaWeed.com.

Until then I have plenty to keep me busy.

Now we are having some nice tides - higher highs and lower lows.  

Happy hunting,

TreasureGuide@comcast.net