Search This Blog

Sunday, March 7, 2021

3/7/21 Report - Some Treasure Coast Beaches Eroding Early Sunday. Rough Surf to Continue.

 Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.

Turtle Trail Sunday Morning.

I went out to do a little detecting this morning.  As you can see, there was some erosion.

At Turtle Trail you could see the bags.  They were most exposed around the first flag pole to the south.  The bags were not uncovered nearly as much down by the second flag pole.  

The cut went father south than usual - way below the second flag pole and as far as I could see.

Turtle Tail South of the First Flag Pole Sunday Morning.

I saw four detectorists.  There wasn't much digging going on.


Turtle Trail Sunday Morning.

As soon as I could see the water from the parking lot, I could see the water washing to the south over the beach.  It was pretty much what I expected to see this morning, but there was a little more erosion than I expected.  I actually dug one item in orange sand at one spot.

Looking South Towards The Turtle Trail Access
Sunday Morning.


Seagrape Trail Sunday Morning.

The cut by the access at Seagrape Trail was actually higher than the cut at Turtle Trail.  I didn't detect there though.  I was short on time.

Seagrape Trail Sunday Morning.

I didn't see anyone detecting at Seagrape and didn't take time to look around the bend.


Wabasso Sunday Morning.

There were a couple other detectorists at Wabasso.  Targets were not plentiful, and I didn't see much digging going on.


Wabasso Sunday Morning.


Overall, targets seemed to be scarce.  I did find a couple pieces that could be older.  One was a little lead strip with a hole in it.

Source: MagicSeaWeed.com.


The pictures I took today were only about an hour old when I posted them.  We are still having nice north winds.

The surf is still building.  As you can see from the MagicSeaWeed predictions, the wind will shift by tomorrow.  I'm glad to see that it will stay rough for a few days.

Happy hunting,
Treasureguide@comcast.net