Search This Blog

Sunday, December 10, 2023

12/10/23 Report - Nice Old Recent Finds from the Treasure Coast. Rerun on a Big 1715 Fleet Find.


Written by the TreasrureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report. 


Musket Balls Recently Found in Vero Area
by Cliff R.
 
I received the above email along with the two below and the following message from Cliff R.


Evening.
I just thought I'd share some finds from last weekend in Ft. Pierce.

It was an interesting spot where I found them. I was ground balancing my Nokta in anticipation of working my way to a somewhat productive spot.

I noticed there was a recessed trough just shy of the vegetation line that hadn't been filled in by the recent wave action. The trough was maybe 12' wide and maybe 3'-4' wide at it's widest.

I realized this was fresh erosion so I decided to detect the area.
I started finding clad (ca 1976) and then one of the larger musket balls. it was a mix of clad and musket balls but I had a blast. 

I also found one long weight for a net but the hole through the middle was fairly small in diameter (1/8"-3/16") so I'm thinking it wasn't very recent.

Anyways, thanks for your blog. It's always fun to see what you have shared.
I've also included a couple of images of NA pottery shards I found. One has some nice design on it and one was imbedded in a palm tree root ball.

Cliff R.
Vero Beach


Pot Shards Recently Found by Cliff R.


Thanks for sharing Cliff.  

That is another good illustration of how there is always somewhere to hunt and something to find.  When your favorite spots aren't producing do a little scouting around.  Eventually you'll find some good new spots to metal detect.

---

Here is a 1715 Fleet story that is being rerun on the internet. Sorta sound like an AI article.

Eric Schmitt is a professional treasure hunter. Aside from being one of the coolest job descriptions to stick on a business card, he spends his days searching through sunken wrecks, trying to find lost artifacts that could net him and the owner some money.

Throughout his exploration of this particular ship, Eric ran across many things. One of them is a solid gold artifact known as a pyx. The artifact was supposed to be attached to a chain, which was fished up from the same shipwreck a few years earlier. The pyx is a pendant used in religious rituals...

And here is the link for the rest of the story.

Florida Salvage Diver Strikes Gold – Finds $300,000 Worth of Gold and Priceless Artifact – Thats Viral Now

Thanks to Mark G. for that link.

---


Source: surfguru.com


A couple days ago it looked like we' could get a bigger surf thann is being predicted now.

Good  hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net