Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 19, 2023

12/19/23 Report - Some Recent Finds From Metal Detecting the Treasure Coast. How to Employ an Intensive Step Search.

 

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.


Recent Treasure Coast Finds by Mike T.

Mike T. sent the these find photos along with the following email.

Mike T. here with a few interesting finds from Saturday after the big storm.
   No big cuts here in Martin County but all the beaches lost a good amount of sand. Some more than others.
   My hunting buddy and I went back to the same beach where  I found the silver ring 2 weeks ago and it was looking good.
    We started digging some sinkers right away and that’s always a good sign. The rest of the story is in  the photos.
    The ring is 14K with diamonds and the bracelet is gold plated silver and heavy.
   It was a good evening for sure and we’ll be following up on this spot again.
   Most targets were found with the PI machine and I set a new record for pliers found!
     Happy Holidays!


Various Recent Mike T. Metal Detector Finds from the Treasure Coast


Heavy Gold over Silver Bracelet
Found by Mike T.

Congratulations Mike.  And thanks for sharing.

===

Some Dug Objects from Sunday.

Sunday I found an area where I would have spent four or five hours and possibly much more time if I had the time to spend.  As it was I only spent an hour or so there.  I know there was much more to find and wish I had the time to do a much better.  

There was a older layer of sand a few inches below the surface sand.  It was difficult digging because of the shells and rocks and depth of most targets.  I only skimmed the quick and easy targets.

If you were to go back, you could expect some beach wobble.  By that I mean the best spot would move, especially as the wind and swells change from day to day.  The hottest spot could move north or south feet, yards or much more.


I'm sure there would be some older and better targets, but it would take additional time to get them.

---


Surf Chart from SurfGuru.com.

Send photos of your recent finds.

Good hunting,
Treasureguide@comcast.net