Search This Blog

Monday, January 25, 2021

1/25/21 Report - Historical Spanish Paintings For Research. Rose Croix. More on Magnets. Latest Surf.

 Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.

Source: See link below.


Several days ago I was talking about interpreting pictures, I and posted a picture of what I thought at the time was of King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella.  Laura Strolia was kind enough to correct me.  It was really a picture of Archduke Albert and Clara Eugenia.  

I found a good website that presents a number of great historical Spanish paintings from the 16th and 17th century.  You might find it useful for conducting research.  The painting of Charles V shown above is one of the paintings shown on that site.  It is clear from the painting how Charles wanted to be seen.

Here is the link if you want to see more Spanish portraits from the 16th and 17 centuries.

Spanish Golden Age Art: Portraiture. (spainthenandnow.com)


While looking at the painting of Archduke Albert and Clara Eugenia, I noticed ornamentation that Clara wore on her chest and in her hair.  It looked very much like the Pelican of Piety.   In at least one post I presented the research of Laura Strolia concerning that Pelican of Piety.

My research led me to the following Masonic symbolism of the 18th Degree (shown immediately below).

Source: See link on Rose Croix below.


Here is the link for more information about that.


Also notice the dividers.  We've seen some of those found on the Treasure Coast.

---

Yesterday I gave you some ways that you might find magnets useful.  JamminJack sent me the following email that included some comments on that topic.


I started using regular maps of Indian River County, and eventually used waterproof maps for boating. I had a sharpy and would record every find. I drew a line to the spot where the items were found and record the date, tide, etc. After while I could not read the map! I went back to keeping record in a log book.

I have always had a magnet in my pouch. Some of my friends would attach one to a shovel. Others would have magnets removed from starters or alternators and tied them to a rope. They would drag the magnet over seaweed. I think they found more lures and weights then detectorists.

I noticed a strong magnet would screw with my metal detectors, so I eventually bought a mechanic's magnet that was telescopic. Was helpful in detecting "fake" reales or iron bits!

Gas going up quickly, and we get the last laugh at a costly mistake by Biden. A local oil tanker friend said gas will be around $3 soon!

Jammin Jack

---

When detecting a site where I would use a shovel instead of a scoop, I would often tape the handle of the magnet I showed yesterday to the handle end of a shovel. I could quickly alternate between digging and using the magnet.

Some people put a magnet in their scoop.

Here is a lawn magnet for removing junk for larger areas.  If you detect where there was an old shed and there is a rotting tin roof and other junk, a lawn magnet can help remove a lot of the junk before for metal detecting.



I agree with the price of gas going up.  Maybe to $4.00 or more.  It reminds me of the gas shortages during the Jimmy Carter days when you could only fill up your tank on odd or even numbered days.  One democratic proposal, which I don't think will ever work, is putting a tax on the mileage you drive.  That might affect how far you are willing to drive to metal detect and definitely affect the cost of detecting. 

People are also buying ammunition and guns because of threats to the 2nd amendment.

___


The MagicSeaWeed surf prediction that I found this morning is not as promising as yesterday's, which predicted 6 - 10 feet for next weekend.  I hope it will be larger than predicted now.

Source: MagicSeaWeed.com.

Happy hunting,

Treasureguide@comcast.net