Search This Blog

Friday, January 29, 2021

1/30/21 Report - Beaches Around the Treasure Coast and A Few Friday Finds. Changing Wind Direction.

 


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.

Turtle Trail Just North of the First Flagpole Friday Around Noon.

I visited two beaches that I hadn't been to for a long time.  I'm not sure if I was up there this year.

When I arrived there were already a good many detectorists on the beach.  There were some to the north, and a group down south near the second flagpole, which is where the most cuts were.  There was some digging going on there, but I don't know what was found.

Only the tops of bags were showing.  The cuts were higher on the beach than I expected, but near the dunes.


North of the Access At Turtle Trail Around Noon Friday.


In the above picture you can see the tower by the access.  


Turtle Trail Around Noon Friday.

I didn't see hardly any black sand at Turtle Trail.

Here are a couple more photos from Turtle Trail Friday.  These are from DJ. 


Turtle Trail Friday.
Photo by DJ.



Turtle Trail Friday.
Photo by DJ.


I noticed that they were working on the access at Seagrape Trail today, but it was till closed.

I also visited Wabasso.  There were some detectorists there too.


Wabasso Friday Close To 1:00.

Standing at the top of the boardwalk and looking over the beach, one area stood out like it was painted with bright orange neon.   It produced the following finds.


Friday Finds From One Small Area.


With all the tourist action this time of year, you can find some newer items almost anywhere.  Both beaches produced some modern items Friday, but I didn't hit anything shipwreck old.  My wife was along for the ride, and I didn't spend too much time detecting.


That ring must have the smallest center diamond that I've ever seen.




And they used every trick in the book to make it look larger than it is.  The setting around the actual diamond is made to look like part of the diamond.  Below you can see how tiny the diamond is.



I haven't tested what I am calling a diamond yet, but can't imagine any reason why would use such a tiny stone for a fake or anything less valuable.

---

It was a nice day to be out even though it was a little brisk.  Very nice, in my opinion.




Tonight we should have some of the higher surf, but it looks like the wind will be more easterly tomorrow.

I'm not expecting much improvement in conditions, in fact it might start reversing soon, but it is still better than it has been for most of January.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net







Friday was a fun day for many.