Search This Blog

Friday, January 1, 2021

1/2/21 Report - An Unusual Find. Some Beaches Still Cut. The Magic of DIT For The New Year.

 

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.

Mystery Find From Thursday.

Here is a new Treasure Coast find made by Bill R.  Here is how he described it.

It was reading top right corner on ctx 3030.  Believe number was 0343 so thinking not gold and is not magnetic.  On the back it has a raised M as you can see in Pic.  Tried googling but hard to say what it even is.

Below are a couple more views of the same object.





You never know what you will find out there.  Send in your thoughts on the object.

---


John Brooks Beach Around Noon Thursday Looking
North From Well South of the Beach Access.

I went to John Brooks yesterday (Thursday) and found it very little changed from Wednesday. The cliff to the north seemed a little smaller, but the cut to the south extended farther towards the south than it did the day before. That is what I call beach wobble.

Here is the cut going to the south.


---


DIY is an acronym for "do it yourself."  DIY is fine, but sometimes DIT is better.  

My elderly mother since before Thanksgiving had frequently mentioned wanting to make sugar cookies, but they never got made and it was Christmas Eve. She thought she could do it, but I don't think she could actually do it anymore.  I doubt she had all the ingredients, and maybe not all the pots and pans or whatever were handy, and I'm not sure she could have done it anyhow.

Well, my wife decided to make sugar cookies on Christmas Eve and have my mother help.  She wanted to get my mother involved in an activity that she had done many times in the past but now seemed unable to accomplish on her own.  

My wife was ready to lead the way and have my mother help as much as she could. The way it turned out is that my wife had my mother sit in the kitchen, and my wife asked questions and followed my mother's directions. She made my mother feel involved and useful. When the cookies were in the oven, my wife had my mother chop walnuts for a Jello salad. It was not a lot a big deal, but I appreciated my wife's wisdom and saw what she was doing. Sometimes I find it easier to just do things for my mother instead of keeping her active and involved, and I appreciated how my wife encouraged my mother to help to the extent she could. 

Being the kind of person that just naturally does things by myself, one of the things I learned this year is the value of what I now call DIT (do it together).  It is not just for your own benefit - it can be more for others.  Sometimes other people might find things difficult or might not know how to do things and just need a little help or encouragement.  My wife was wisely helping my mother by asking her to help and encouraging her to do whatever little she could.  I think my wife, who appreciates family traditions, also wanted to know my how my mother made the cookies so she could make them just the way my mother did.   

I'm recommending more DIT in 2021.  It can apply to metal detecting, especially if you have a child, or elderly parent, or someone you just want to help or encourage.  It is not always about making things easier or getting help from others - sometimes it is about giving help and encouraging people to be active and involved.  That is something I learned last year.  Now I hope I'm capable of following my wife's example in 2021.

--


Happy New Year!