Search This Blog

Thursday, May 6, 2021

5/6/21 Report - Beach Reports. Finds. Bottles and Jewelry.

 

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.

Douglass Beach Wednesday
Photo by JamminJack

JamminJack sent in some beach photos, including Douglass Beach and Pepper Park.  He also visited Avalon Beach and Round Island.  


Douglass Beach Wednesday.
Photo by JamminJack

As you can see the beaches are building and looking very much like summer beaches.  I see some shells near the water line.  


Pepper Park Wednesday.
Photo by JamminJack

You can see how the new sand in front of the beach at Pepper Park.  Interesting feature caused by the high tide topping that.


Pepper Park Wednesday.
Photo by JamminJack.

Jack commented on how hot it is at the beach.  You might want to go early or late to avoid the hottests times.

I'd also recommend protecting your skin.  Not something I like to talk about, but skin cancer is real, and most of the time doesn't show up until you are a little older so you feel like it isn't any problem until it chatches up with you.  Especially if you are  melanin disadvanataged, avoid too much direct sun explosure.

You might have noticed the south winds bringing all that warm air and causing the beaches to build.

---


New Finds From Chris N.

Chris N. sent the above photo and following message.

TG
Had another three ring day two silvers and the other junk ring had DAD written across it.
The gold earring rang up 4 on NOX
And the other finds I used no discrimination to find the other items in an area heavily detected, but util  many beach goers...
The one silver chain was  near water edge in front of condo..
The blue colored stone in copper is most likely glass, Nice Looking.
I had a wide eye when it rolled out when dug it up.. I said to my self? Ahhh! Pendant with Sapphire,,
NOT!
Found clad as usual, but at times that’s not as good as it is after great conditions,,
Pop tops suck digging, along with other metals but that leads to good items if beaches are not that trashy, as some places I dig and dig and just clean the beach along with beer cans, plastic bottles etc..
I was stopped by a really nice police officer who needed my attention to find a item that was lost during an incident he was working, in upper sand.. I was more than happy to help.
No Luck! Finding it..
I told him next storm it will show up,,
In area were it was apparently lost.
I get a kick out of the children who follow me around,, They are so curious, I always stop to chat and explain how Detecting Devices  work and the History of the Shipwrecks along beaches world wild,,
I tell them Weather Conditions and Erosion play a big part whats beneath where we all walk,,, that gets their attention fast,,.
Ok good hunting to the rest of you,,
I hunt all over from North Florida to south of Jupiter if any one is wondering.. these finds were in north Florida today... Yes? On occasion  Spanish Coins suddenly are found, but not as typical as along the Treasure Coast. Those other missing Galleons from 1715 are some place..
One day I’ll get my Escudo, two or more.
Sincerely,
ChrisN.

Chris also requested a shout out to Terry, who was 80 yesterday.  Here's to you Terry.

---

You've heard me say it many times:  "There is always some place to hunt and something to find."
Some people are more focused on one type of treasure or another, but I like many different types of treasure, so I can almost always find something I like.  Sometimes conditions are good for hunting Spanish shipwreck items, but at other times the conditions  might be favorable for hunting modern coins and jewelry, fossils, bottles or other kinds of relics.  I like to adapt and adjust to whatever is going on at the time.

Lately I've been finding a good number of bottles and relics.  Yesterday I was going to make a video demonstrating a technique I use to find bottles, but while the conditions were not right for using that technique, I still found some interesting bottles.  

The one I like most is this brown ribbed poison bottle.


Brown Ribbed Poison Bottle.


The ribbing and unusual shape is so you can identify the bottle by feel and avoid taking poison by mistake.

\
Bottom of Brown Ribbed Poison Bottle.

I haven't research this bottle yet.  

Here are a couple more bottles I found on that hunt.


Old Stopper Top Bottles.

One of these bottles is a pharmacy generic pharmacy bottle with graduated markings.  I don't know what the other was used for.

On that little walk I also found a light blue blown beer bottle.  I think it is probably an Anheuser Busch bottle.  It has an AB logo on the bottom, but it different than those I've seen before, so some research is needed.


This morning I hit the beach and found this  chunky little 14K cross and gold earring.



---

With the current conditions, there are a lot of good choices.  The surf is only about one foot, so you might do some snorkeling, hunt the swimming beaches or dry sand in front of resorts.  If you go some place where you can hunt in the water, that will help keep you cool.  Very pleasant hunting this time of year.

Happy hunting,
Treasureguide@comcast.net