Search This Blog

Saturday, August 3, 2024

8/3/24 Report - Treasures of the Florida Gulf Coast. Tropical Storm Developing. Ephemera. Local Metal Detector Store for Sale.

  

Written by the Treasureguide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.

Nov. 1915 Post Card 

I like ephemera, including old postcards.  That is another type of treasure.  

I don't know who this fellow is, but he has some interesting containers strapped onto him.  Looks like maybe just a hiker.  Any ideas?

---

Gary Mueller is selling his metal detector business.  He provided a lot of kind service to local detectorists.  Below is what he said.

I wanted to make you aware of a golden opportunity for possibly one of your followers. I am selling my business. Since I started, the business has grown each year with tremendous sales. I started the business about four years ago and there has been continuous growth each year. The business is a one-man operation and currently is being operated 5 days a week by me. It doesn’t necessarily need to be operated like that and could easily be run by appointment only if someone didn’t want to be in the store all the time.

I have found this business to be very rewarding. I love to help others, especially getting families and small children started into the hobby. It is by far the best hobby ever created and is extremely beneficial to one’s health. I have found that at my age I would like to spend as much time as I can with my family and grandchildren. If anyone would like to contact me about the business, they can reach me at the address and phone number below. Thank you very much.

 

Treasure Coast Metal Detectors

1032 NE Jensen Beach Blvd

Jensen Beach, Fl 34957

info@treausrecoastmetaldetectors.com


----


Source: nhc.noaa.gov.

We've been watching this one for a while now.  It looks like it will be a tropical storm, and although not aimed at the Treasure Coast will be going to a very historic area we often don't think much about.


There is a case to be made that the first European settlement  in North America was in the St. Marks area.

Here are a couple links to leads for Alligator Point.



And here is a link to use if you want to read about Dog Island shipwrecks.

As a starting point, you can always start with Frank Hudson's books.


They have some great beaches and treasures to be found up that way.  When I was doing a lot of business travel, I hit the Pensacola beaches every once in a while.

SurfGuru shows us getting two to four feet later today, then the surf going back down.

Good hunting,

TreasireGuide@comcast.net