Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2022

5/31/22 - Report - Doing Some Different Things. A Couple Finds and a Good Resource.

 

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.

Ring Found by Dan B.

Below is the story of this find by Dan B., including what he did to adapt to prevailing conditions.

I went out after the crowds yesterday and hit a popular spot that isn't really a treasure beach so that I would have better chances of being the only one hunting. I don't hunt modern things usually, but small gold is a fun challenge for me and I needed some swing time.

Most of the way through the hunt I was still empty handed and decided to face the dragon. There was a very busy bar with people all over and I thought it would be smart to check where the drunk people walk down to the beach, and bingo. 


It was funny, because I was so tuned into hunting that when I found it, there was someone about two feet above me observing my find with a big smile.

My best treasure of the day was a small boy asking me if I was looking for "pirate treasure". I told him not today...but that I had found some before and that he should keep his eyes open because it is all over here.  After I showed him the ring and headed off I heard him say..."I hope I can have a metal detector someday!!!" He was super excited and I have no doubt that he will someday follow his dreams and find the treasure he seeks. 

The ring is crude. No markings and has a seam on the inside so I am suspicious. Will test but I am guessing 10 ct....

Thanks Dan.

---


Elegant Little Light Green Bottle
4 and 9/16 inches high by 3/4 inches at base.

This is a neat little bottle I found.  Unfortunately it has no embossing except for 216 on the bottom.  I don't know what it held, but it is a very nice looking little stopper-top bottle.

It is a blown bottle and has one nice big bubble.


---

Here is a great web site that covers the things you should know, observe and use to describe pottery finds.  If you have any interest at all in pottery, you should at least take a look at the site.

Pottery-Guide-190312.pdf (finds.org.uk)

---

If you are one of many who suffer from aletheiaphobia, you might want to avoid the following.

Walgreen's Data Reveals Unvaccinated Have the Lowest Positivity Rate for COVID; Triple and Double Vaccinated Have the Highest (adversereactionreport.com)

I'm still waiting for those who were so wrong about Covid, the vacciness, lockdowns, etc. to apologize.  Won't happen. 

Interesting when you actually get some data. 

---

Source: nhc.noaa.gov.

Here is something to keep watching.

Good hunting,

TreasureGuide@comcast.net