Search This Blog

Saturday, June 4, 2022

6/4/22 Report - Slightly Improved Beach Conditions, But Not Much. Some Slight Erosion In Spots.

 

Written by the Treasureguide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.


John Brooks Beach Saturday Morning.

Well, it was still raining Saturday morning.  There were some small cuts on the beach fronts, and some bigger older cuts farther back.  The cuts on the beach front were only around a foot.  Some places it was a little bigger, and more places, smaller.


John Brooks Saturday Morning.

I saw three detectorists this morning.  

As you can see, there was some seaweed.

The waves at John Brooks were hitting from the south.

Fort Pierce South Je6ty.

I did a little metal detecting and found some modern coins and a few items that I'm not sure about yet. I'll get them cleaned, and maybe photographed if they are interesting at all.

South Jetty didn't look much good.  I expected better there.

There were some layers removed in some places.  I'm sure some slightly older stuff was exposed.

If I used treasure beaches rating scale, I'd rate conditions as a 2, which means there is some improvement in beach conditions, and some chance of some older finds, even though they not very likely.

There were some smaller spots that were still eroding.  I could see it happening.

The coins I found were modern but definitely have been out there a while.

I thought I took some additional GoPro videos today, but something happened to them.  I haven't been able to find them yet.

Source: nhc.noaa.gov
 
I think we'll see less rain later today.

I was out after low tide but before high tide, which will be around noon today.

The peak surf will also be around high tide.  The higher surf won't last long though.


Source: MagicSeaWeed.com.


Good hunting,

Treasureguide@comcast.net