Search This Blog

Monday, June 24, 2024

6/24/24 Report - Big News! New 1715 Fleet Finds Shown as Salvage Season Going Very Well. Twenty Years Ago.

 

Written by the Treasureguide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.


Fox News is breaking this story of 1715 Fleet finds.

A group of Florida-based treasure hunters recently recovered hundreds of coins from a fleet of 300-year-old shipwrecks off the Atlantic coast this week.

One of the divers called the find late last month "almost numbing."

"You don’t expect that," boat captain Grant Gitschlag told FOX 35 on Friday. "You always hope for it, but you never expect it."

Below is the link for more photos and information.

Florida treasure hunters amazed by discovery in 300-year-old shipwrecks: 'You don't expect that' | Fox News

While the calm surf has not been good for beach hunters, it is good for shallow water hunters and the salvage crews.

And some people every year keep saying it has all been found!

---

For the beach hunter, there is no substitute for being there.  But if you are trying to decide where to go, you might take a look at the Surfline reports and forecasts.  The image below came from Surfline.  It shows a number of beaches in a line so you can compare.   Notice that they also show the beach cam for Jensen Beach.


If you don't see anything interesting there or want to make some more comparisons, you can do that too.  Moving a little more south, we see the following.


Nothing very different.  Everyplace is running one to two feet.

Again, though, there is no substitute for taking a look.  At least you start out knowing having some information before you go.

Here is the link if you want to check out that site.

Walton Rocks Surf report and forecast - Surfline

---

Remember this?  Hard to believe it has been twenty years since the Treasure Coast got ripped by Frances and Jeanne.  Yes, twenty years.  Seems not so long ago to me.  

I returned home.  What I don't remember is where I was.  Maybe at my parent's house.  I could see from a distance that where there were huge hickory trees, everything was flat.  I didn't think the second hurricane would do so much damage.  I mistakenly thought that the first one probably leveled everything that was going to be leveled.  I was wrong.  The power lines were on the ground, as were the trees.  I couldn't pull into my driveway. Several huge hickories were laying across it., and the roof had been pretty well stripped.


Some fellows came along with a chain saw and I paid them to help me clear away some of the fallen trees.

I didn't get out to hunt then so I just got reports on the beaches.  The beaches were cut way back..  I had too much to do at my home and helping others.

That was a hard year.  It was also the year my wife's father passed.  

Just can't believe it has been twenty years.  Time flies.

---

Thanks to Mark G. for reporting the Fox News link.

---

Nothing on the NHC map today.  It is still early in the season.

Good hunting,
Treasureguide@comcast.net