Search This Blog

Friday, June 28, 2024

6/28/24 Report - Detectorists Find Ship Rivets and Gold Figure. More Bottle Finds. Henry White & Co.


It all began when rivets were found with a metal detector in a field...

It is the rivets that reveal what kind of ship it is.

“The size of the rivets indicate that it was a large ship. Their similarity to those found at Gokstad and Oseberg leaves no doubt,” says Rødsrud.

The result of two weeks of digging was around 70 rivets. The dimensions suggest that they were used to hold together thick planks up to 2.5 centimetres thick...

He explains that when metal searches are conducted on the site, it beeps everywhere. They are picking up signals from hundreds, or perhaps thousands, of rivets in the ground, remnants of a Viking ship plowed through over a thousand years ago...

Here is the link for more about that.

---




The signal in the metal detector was so weak that Mikkel Killingmoe Christensen almost overlooked it.

“In many cases, I would have just moved on,” he writes on Østfold cultural heritage's Facebook page (link in Norwegian).

Fortunately, he didn't.

Just below the surface of the soil lay a small, crumpled piece of metal...

“When I looked more closely at the metal foil, I could make out two figures. I eventually realised that I was holding a gold foil figure in my hand. Imagine being the first person to hold something like this in over 1,000 years!” he says...

Here is the link for more about that.



---

Below is what I think is a mid-century root beer bottle.  You can see the icy design on it.  I haven't researched it much, but I think that is probably what it is.  I think I already had one of those.

Mid-Century Soda Bottle.


Henry White & Co. Liquor Bottle.

Here is another bottle I found the other day.  It has a high kick-up and some nice embossing, which reads as follows.

BOTTLE MADE IN ENGLAND.

HENRY WHITE & CO.,

LONDON, ENGLAND.


Embossing on Henry White & Co. Bottle.


I haven't found much on the Henry White and Company.  Here is what I have found.

Henry White is another name that eventually figured in the founding of URM. In 1888, he registered the brand red Heart rum and in 1981 was honoured by becoming Master of the Vintners Company.

On Monday, February 25, 1889, a trademark application was filed for HENRY WHITE AND CO.'S RED HEART RUM LONDON with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. 

Please let me know if you can date this bottle or find more information on the company.

---
Think about it.

It isn't a by accident when the puppet masters put an incompetent puppet in the top position.  That way the puppet masters can accomplish the indefensible while enjoying the cover and letting the puppet take the blame.

---

Treasure Coast surf remains flat or the rest of the week.

Source: nhc.noaa.gov



Watch 95L which is developing and heading west.  

Good hunting,
Treasureguide@comcast.net