Search This Blog

Sunday, October 18, 2020

10/18/20 Report - Slightly Bigger Surf and King Tides Today. Garrett Acquires Whites. Lost Ring Help Request.

 Written by the Treasureguide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.

John Brooks Beach Saturday Around 1 PM.

If you want a more complete picture of John Brooks as it looked Saturday afternoon, here is a short video clip.


As yuou can see, the beach hadn't changed much.  The surf seemed to be about three feet there.  Tomorrow the surf should be bigger.

Here is Frederick Douglass.

Frederick Douglass Beach Saturday Early Afternoon.


---

Garrett Electronics Announces Acquisition of White's.

Garland, TX, October 16, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Garrett Electronics, a design and manufacturing company specializing in sport and security metal detectors, announced the acquisition of certain assets of White’s Electronics.

White’s, who had been in business since 1950 as a premier manufacturer of metal detection products, announced the suspension of operations on June 18, 2020 in a memo to its dealers. White’s founders, Kenneth and Olive White, built their business the same way Garrett’s founders, Charles and Eleanor Garrett, did, by innovating and committing to producing high quality products in the United States. White’s current principals, Kenneth R. and Mary White, are choosing to fold the White’s legacy in with Garrett Metal Detectors as a way of extending their “Made in the USA” tradition....

Current White’s customers in need of repair or warranty service should contact:

Centreville Electronics
9437 Main Street
Manassas, VA 20110
(888)645-0202
(703)367-7999

Centreville Electronics NW
1550 Maple Place
Lebanon OR 97355
(541)409-7263


Here is the link.  https://garrett.com/noticesupdates

I consider that good news.

Thanks to DJ for that information.

---


Here is a request for help I received.  

Hello my name is XXXXX I was referred through a person named Keith to the website that I have found your email on about a lost ring that was lost about three years ago at a boat and dock in Fort Pierce Florida the problem I’m having is this dog is being closed from October 19 until June 2021 to build a cruise ship port I’ve had a few people that I have talk to you but I need somebody that can dive with a good metal detector I had somebody go out earlier this week that had diving gear but not such a great metal detector and I unfortunately did not have any luck I was wondering what your thoughts may be on this if you can I would appreciate a opinion on what my options are ? 

This ring is very valuable to me because two people that passed away I incorporated a V ring to make it a thicker gold along with a diamond earring incorporated into the ring from a family member that passed away I was at the boat and dock in December and was getting drinks out of the cooler and it flung into the water.


Lost Ring.



Location.

One experienced diver took a shot at it and came up with only a lot of junk.  Time is quickly running out. but if you want to give it a try and really jump on it, I'll try to get you the email as soon as I can.  

---

The surf this morning is three to five feet.  Some northeast wind, and King Tides.

Happy hunting,
Treasureguide@comcast.net