Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

10/21/20 Report - Treasure Coast Treasure Beach Conditions Rating Increased As Continuing High Water Erodes Some Beaches.

 Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

John Brooks Beach Wednesdsay Morning.

I went to South Hutchinson Island this morning.  It was rainy.  

You can see John Brooks beach above and below.  There were no cuts but a lot of sand was moved.

There was a coin line near the water's edge.


Video Clip of John Brooks Beach Wednesday Morning.


Frederick Douglass beach looked very much like the John Brooks beach this morning.

Yesterday I visited Turtle Trail. 

 

Turtle Trail Tuesday Afternoon.

I've been following development of Turtle Trail.  Sunday, it was cut some.  Monday it was cut back farther and down a few more inches.  Tuesday it was cut down just a couple more inches in some spots, but very little closer to the dune face.  Sand loss between Sunday and Monday was greater than between Monday and Tuesday at that beach.

I don't suspect many people are walking all the way to Seagrape these days since the access is still closed.  

I haven't been to Bonsteel for quite a while.  Too bad the beach cam has been out.

Judging from a some posts that I use to measure sand depth, there was still several inches of renourishment sand over the older sand.

Here is a video clip showing the area just north of the beach access.



And here are the bags as seen Tuesday afternoon.


Bags at Turtle Trail Tuesday Afternoon.


Now what you really want to know.  I was going to increase by Treasure Coast Treasure Beach Conditions Rating to a 2 this morning, but with what I saw yesterday combined with what I saw this morning, I've decided it should be a 2.5 or 3 now.
  
I can tell you for certain that old Spanish silver has been found on the Treasure Coast and the surf will increase a little more, reaching a peak Friday if the MagicSeaWeed predictions are correct.  I won't tell you where finds were made because I don't want everybody rushing out to the same beach, and there is more than one beach worth detecting right now.  

I'll have some find photos for you in the near future.  

I told you a few days ago to get prepared.


Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net