Search This Blog

Thursday, October 8, 2020

10/8/20 Report - Beach Mostly Unchanged. Delta Going to Lousiana. Silver Bottle Cap Coins and Other Things. A Little Metal Detecting Humor.

 

Written by the Treasureguide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.

One-Foot Cut

I went out to check the beach this morning, expecting things to be pretty much unchanged, and that was what I found.  The beaches looked very much like they did the last time I was there several days ago.  I did find one cut (above) but nothing that was significant.

Here is John Brooks, very much unchanged.

John Brooks Beach Thusday Just After Monring Low Tide.


The surf seemed less than two feet this morning.

Hurricane Delta.
Source: nhc.noaa.gov

Hurricane Delta is heading towards Louisiana.

Looks like we'll be having nothing more than a two or three foot surf this weekend.

----

Sent by Dennis.


Dennis sent me this humorous picture.  If I could find more metal detecting humor like this I could have a regular humor section.  I'd call it Joak Island.

Thanks Dennis.

---

Not all bottle caps are junk.  Crown Mint sells silver bottle cap coins.  A set of four costs $129.00.


They also make other unusual coins.


See CrownMint.com.

Also https://crownmint.com/collections/coca-cola/products/coca-cola-2020-6g-pure-silver-bottle-cap-coins?fbclid=IwAR2xsniO8yt90LjvpfeXajXoo7w88iIRpH8-QyHuBs9NRRDEziE9jbJvf80

Thanks to DJ for that.

I've also seen an actual silver pulltab.  It was made from the mold of an old style pulltab and stamped sterling.  I think I posted that once long ago.

---

Speaking of silver, I stopped at a jewelry store on Midway Road yesterday and looked at the reales they had offered for sale.  Some were from West Bay Trading Company, but they had a few maravedis that were marked silver on the labeling.  They also had some nice crystalized seashells that they were using as decor, as well as one big meg tooth.

---

Happy hunting,

Treasureguide@comcast.net