Search This Blog

Friday, October 23, 2020

10/23/20 Report - Predicted Higher Surf Fails To Show Up and Beach Metal Detecting Conditions Deteriorate.

 Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.


John Brooks Beach Friday Morning.

Here's the bad news.  This morning it looked more like a three or four foot surf rather than the 6 - 9 foot surf predicted yesterday by MagicSeaWeed.  And secondly - more bad news - the beaches were filling in.

I had hoped that the predicted high surf would remove some of the remaining sand in front of the dunes, but that just didn't happen, and the beaches were getting more sand.    

I gave a 2 (transitional) rating yesterday.  The day before I mentioned that it looked like a 2.5 or 3 rating.  It seems like my downgrade was correct.

Of course it could go either way tonight.  MagicSeaWeed was still predicting a higher surf for Fort Pierce this morning.  I hope they are right, but at this point I'm skeptical.

I didn't see any beaches that looked good today.

 

John Brooks Beach Friday Morning.

As usual, John Brooks and Frederick Douglass beaches looked very similar.


Frederick Douglass Beach  Friday Morning.

The fellow in the above picture was metal detecting.  There were two other detectorists at Douglass this morning.

There was a lot of seaweed at Walton Rocks (photo below).  That is not a good sign. 


Seaweed at Walton Rocks Friday Morning.

Blind Creek didn't look good either.  There were a lot of sunbathers there.


Blind Creek Beach Friday Morning.


A few detectorist visited Turtle Trail early this moring.  Some left before detecting, including me.  

I could see a few more inches of sand at some spots, such as at the base of the steps at the access.  And you could only see the tops of the bags this morning.


Turtle Trail Early Friday Morning.

If you look just below the center of the above photo, you can see just the top of one of the bags.


Turtle Trail Friday Morning.

I was hoping that we'd get the predicted higher surf and it would wash the new cuts at Turtle Trail back to the old dunes, but it didn't quite get there.

The bags show you how much the beaches are built up again.  Sunday to Monday I saw improvment, and then again Monday to Tuesday, but now beach metal detecting conditions are deteriorating.  I was more hopeful earlier in the week and expected higher surf today.   

I know some of you were making plans for some weekend hunting, so you might want to take the current changes into account.

---

Today's Surf Predictions For the Fort Pierce Area From MagicSeaWeed.
Source: MagicSeaWeed.com.

As I said, this morning it didn't look like anything close to the 6 -9 foot surf that was predicted. 

---

I'll post about some finds that were made this week another day.  Like I said before, some Spanish shipreck finds were made this week.  Unless beach conditions change for the better later today or tonight, it might be pretty much over for now, though. 

Happy hunting,

TreasureGuide@comcast.net