Search This Blog

Sunday, October 4, 2020

10/4/20 Report - Lots of Weather To Watch. Black Sea Treasure. A Couple Saturday Treasure Coast Hunts.

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.

Source: nhc.noaa.gov

There is a good bit going on out there.  Tropical Storm Gamma looks like it will stay in the southern Gulf, perhaps making landfall in Mexico.  The next system will looks headed into the Gulf too.It looks like the other two waves will dissipate before long, not effecting us much.

---


Part of Black Sea Shipwreck Treasure.
Source: See Sofiaglobe.com link below.


Part of the largest sunken glass treasure on Bulgaria’s Black Sea coast has been found off Bourgas, according to a media statement by Bourgas municipality.

The statement said that for years, archaeologists had known about finds of such artefacts by divers, but not the specific location of the treasure.

With the support of Bourgas municipality, research was carried out on shore and underwater in the area of Chengene Skele bay, near Cape Chiroza, leading to interesting discoveries, the statement said.

The finds include dozens of parts of glass vessels of exceptional quality, which were displayed at a news conference on October 1 at Bourgas’s Ethnographic Museum...

Here is the link for more about that.

https://sofiaglobe.com/2020/10/01/archaeology-sunken-glass-treasure-found-near-bourgas-on-bulgarias-black-sea-coast/

Really cool glass.


---

Turtle Trail Saturday.
Photo by Bill R.

Here is what Bill said.

I was a turtle beach today during all that rain. I was the only one there, not surprising due to the weather.  I know you are familiar with that beach and I was wondering if you ever ran into something like this? I would not of bothered but being it was so close to that huge find back a few years ago. Enclosed are a few picks that I had taken while detecting. The whole area I have outlined was showing a solid hit on my minelab. I was able to hit solid metal closer to the waters edge but not able to make it or dig it out. The other end I dug a couple of feet without reaching it but my pointer was going crazy in the whole hole. Any ideas?...

Thanks Bill

I gave Bill my thoughts on it.

---

Shotgun Shell Brass.
Found and Researched by Nick A.


Just thought I'd share a find I made yesterday. I went back to a spot that usually produces something. Found 6 clad coins, a Penn fishing reel and a shotgun brass.
I've found a lot of ammo brass but never went any further than checking the brand and caliber. The shotgun brass I found yesterday provided a lot of info in a small space, so I researched it (I'll include the link) and turns out it's a U.M.C. Co. NEW CLUB No 12 and was made between 1901-1910. It's in bad shape but still was fun for me. I almost tossed it in the trash when I was cleaning up, glad I checked into it. In February I found a 1919 wheat penny about 15yds from where I  found this, perhaps the same guy lost them!!
Happy Hunting!
Nick

Nick also sent along a great link for researching shotgun shell brasses.   Here it is.

http://www.cartridge-corner.com/umc.htm

Thanks Nick.

Finds are always more informative and fun when you take the time to research them.  

---

The Treasure Coast surf next week will run around two to three feet for most of the week.

Source: magicseaweed.com

Today the wind will be mostly east, but Monday more NNE.

Happy hunting,

TreasureGuide@comcast.net