Search This Blog

Thursday, October 22, 2020

10/22/20 Report - Six to Nine Foot Surf Expected For Treasure Coast Tomorrow.

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.

John Brooks Beach Thursday Morning.

I visited John Brooks Beach Thursday morning.  It looked about the same as yesterday, but the front beach was maybe a little higher.


John Brooks Beach Thursday Morning.


I decided to go see some other beaches and found some good long cuts.  Mostly they were not very high, and they were in renourishment sand.

Erosion at Walton Rocks Thursday Morning.

Here is a cut I found at Walton Rocks. You can see the clumps of planted sea oats on the dunes, which indicates that it is renourishment sand. It wasn't productive at all.

I then went back to where I was detecting yesterday because I knew I left a lot yesterday when my detector batteries ran down.  

This week I think I've spent more time metal detecting than I spend in the rest of the year.  It's been fun.

DJ took the following photos yesterday.

Ambersands Wednesday


Ambersands Wednesday



Golden Sands Wednesday


Golden Sands Wednesday


Turtle Trail Wednesday


Turtle Trail Wednesday



Turtle Trail Wednesday.

Thanks DJ. 

---

Source: MagicSeaWeed.com.

Tomorrow (Fri.) will be the biggest surf of the week if MagicSeaWeed is correct.  Since earlier this week some things got started, the big surf might open up some more things even if it is going to be mostly from the east.

The past couple days I saw some areas where the older sand was only a couple inches below the newer sand.y

I'd put my beach conditions rating at a 2 for now.  It seems like most beaches didn't change much the past day or two,  A few were very close to being productive and could have produced some good finds.  The bigger surf tomorrow might open up some of those areas that were almost there.

---

I know of a 16th century 2-reale that was found yesterday along with numerous modern coins and miscellaneous items.  Some beaches produced many targets yesterday, even if only a small number were old.

 Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net