Search This Blog

Thursday, November 10, 2022

11/10/22 Report (Part II.) - Finds Coming In. More Beach Photos and Info After Nicole.


Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.


Three Cobs Found by John E. Thrusday.

John E. found his first treasure coins ever yesterday (Thursday).  Congratulations John.

---

The finds are coming in.

Scott B. found this ring.

10K Ring Found Thursday by Scott B.

Here is what Scott had to say.

Good evening,
Sorry the earlier email was so short, I was eager to get started. When I arrived, Ambersands was the only beach access I saw that was open. I’ve never seen so many people with detectors at one beach before.
While a lot of sand had moved since I was last there, I didn’t see any really old sand. The dunes had been hit, but when I looked, the sand wasn’t old. There were plastic items all the way to the bottom, which tells me this isn’t the original sand.
I was so happy to see that the weather improved so quickly and that the storm damage seemed minimal from what I saw. I’m still hoping to find my first 1715 coin, but did find the below ring which is 10k.
As always, thank you for your hard work keeping so many of us informed, it’s greatly appreciated.
Respectfully,
Scott

Ambersands, like most of the beaches I saw yesterday were not down to the old sand. Congratulations on the gold find.

---

Here are some photos from Joe D.










And here is what Joe said.


Today I went to Rio Mar (which was closed)! But I parked on the street in front of the park to the North, which was closed! Park to south of Rio Mar was also closed!

Lots of debris on beach, but few good targets! Lots of of people detecting! All different levels of experience! Some with plastic hand scoops and new generic equipment, so I guess big box detector sales where up this week!!🤣

Went North, Turtle Trail and Seagrape were open, but I didn't detect as conditions were similar to Rio Mar; flat slop, but no new cuts! But it was loaded with detectorists everywhere!

Still not near to blue bags, from what I could see in the distance! Overall Conditions were disappointing around there, especially with all the damn beach closings! Brevard County did not do that to us!!

Best dune erosion I saw was quite a bit North of Sebastian, in Brevard! And it was still open; imagine that!!

Lots of tourists and look-e-lues everywhere!

Beaches are primed and ready for a good winter storm and North winds, to cut to some good stuff!!


Till next time!!🍀👍
Joe D.


Thanks for the photos and report Joe.  

---

DJ provided the following information, which I received just after 5 PM yesterday.


This is new. Reminds me of the covid ‘walking only’ phase of beach openings. But at least they are open, on the other hand, if there is no damage to the stairs……

Here is the press release:
“Indian River County Beach Parks are beginning to open for observation only 🚧 Swimming or walking in the surf is not advised due to hazardous floating debris, strong surf, and shore breaks. 🌅 Open until sunset 11/10: Ambersands Beach Access, Treasure Shores Beach Park, Seagrape Beach Access, Turtle Trail Beach Access, and Round Island Beach Park are open. 🌤 Conditions will be assessed daily for park and access safety. Please use caution while visiting and always obey lifeguards. 🛟 #ircgov #ircrec
For Park Locations Go To: https://ircgis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapJournal/index.html...”

'
Evidently they opened Turtle Trail sometime after two PM yesterday.  Seagrape was opened sometime around noon or 1.

---


I'll go ahead and post this as a second part of my 11/10/22 post.

Good hunting,
Treasureguide@comcast.net