Search This Blog

Friday, November 25, 2022

11/25/22 Report - More Finds Coming In From Eroded Post-Nicole Beaches While Some Beaches Continue to Build.

 

Written by the TreasusreGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.

Finds by Joe D.

Joe sent these photos along with the following email message.


... I found one of those beach spots; that I've only read about; this week!!

Spent about 6 hours (so far) in a 50 x100 foot area digging coin after coin! Unfortunately all clad, which I thought was odd! Oldest coin so far was 1966! But what was amazing was that I could barely take a step, without hitting another target! Even setting down my detector, it would be on other targets!! Trash was light, and I also dug 4 rings and a necklace in this same area! Two were gold, one gold plated! Necklace, I believe is silver! Coin count was 156; mostly clad!!

The other interesting thing about this spot, was how many coins were wedged, in and under the cracks and crevices of the sandstone! First day, I had no tools with me to get to them, but the next morning, when I returned in the rain, I brought a large screwdriver, and a rock hammer, and recovered ALL the previous targets I couldn't get to the day before! Plus still more sand targets, as the spot had eroded about another foot overnight!

Overall, an amazing experience!! And one I would love to repeat...


Rocks At Joe's Hot Spot.
Black Sand At Joe's Hot Spot.

Joe sent a follow-up email, which follows.

   Forgot to mention the obvious black sand, above and around that spot! It took several targets to get the nack of recovering them under the "tree ring" like layers! But my Coiltek 5x10 did a fantastic job overall, as I was hitting targets well over a foot deep, and with zero fatigue on my arm!
I've dug in that black sand before, but one thing I noticed was that it didn't stick to my magnets on my scoop! Though if it was magnatite based, it would be all over both magnets! But it did still interfere with target recovery, once I began to dig the hole! So now I'm curious as to it's properties! Learned really quick to trust my initial signal pinpoint location, and my PI pinpointer, which ignored it!!


Holes by Joe.


Congratulations Joe. Those are the kind of spots I love to detect.

Thanks for sharing.

---

Pepper Park Friday Morning.

Pepper Park shows the effects of Nicole, but it looks like it was the newer dunes that eroded.  The front of the beach has filled in like many other beaches.


Pepper Park Friday Morning.


Pepper Park Friday Morning.

---


We are having some high high tides, but the surf is not big.


Source: MagicSeaWeed.com.

Good hunting,

Treasureguide@comcast.net