Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 21, 2022

12/21/22 Report - One Readers First Reale Find. A Couple Treasure Coast Beaches Today. Some Erosion. Time Passing.

 

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.

First Silver Cob Found by Alberto S.

As you know, I asked people to tell something they learned this year.  Alberto, who found his first Spanish treasure coin not too long ago (shown above), told what he learned.  Here is what he said.


What I learned is - Follow your instinct!
 
As you know I found my first spanish coin this year after the hurricane went by and eroded some of the treasure coast beaches, I went out to detect but no luck on that day, but I had a hunch a feeling that if I managed to return the next day I was going to find a coin and I did return and went straight to the area I had in mind started detecting and within 20 minutes I had the coin in my hand. Was it a coincidence?

Also attached a couple of images (above) after cleaning up the coin I found, not a very good job but I don't want to be too harsh with the cleaning, I don't have close up equipment for images so they are a bit fuzzy.

I want to take this opportunity to thank you for all the hard work you put into writing your blog sharing useful and interesting information with all of us, truly appreciated.

Have a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year.

Alberto S.

Very nice reale find and nicely cleaned.  Congratulations Alberto.

---

John Brooks Beach Wednesday Morning (Wednesday)

I took a look at a couple beaches this morning, and here are the beach photos.  As you can see above, there were some little cuts.  It looks like they formed last night and then got over washed and rounded off a little during the most recent high tide.

The front slope was mushy at the top and less mushy down by the water as you would expect.

One detectorist spent a lot ot time metal detecting there this morning.


John Brooks Beach This Morning.

The Frederick Douglass beach was a little different than the John Brooks beach.


Frederick Douglass Beach Wednesday Morning.

Frederick Douglass beach was not as cut, as you can see.  


Frederick Douglass Beach This Morning.

---

Franco Harris died last night.  I was surprised because it wasn't long ago that I sat right behind him on a flight to Pittsburgh.  He seemed well and in good shape.  I guess it happened quickly and unexpectedly.  I remember the watching the Immaculate Reception on the TV at home.  It was 50 years ago this week.  And every time you go down the stairs at the Pittsburgh airport, you see two statues - one is George Washington, and the other is Franco Harris, and usually someone is getting a photo with the Franco statue. George doesn't get any attention at all.  Franco was a great guy and lived in a modest house in a middle-class neighborhood in Pittsburgh.  Great guy, who handled fame remarkably well.  

---

A 1975 Super Bowl Joe Greene jersey just sold in a Leland auction for over $60,000.  Other Steelers memorabilia sold in the same auction.

---


Source: MagicSeaweed.com

I wish I posted the wind direction yesterday.  I have used it to circle when the cuts occurred and then when they washed over.

The last high tide was pretty high, but, as you can see, the surf is decreasing.


I have a great story and some more finds to post tomorrow.

Good hunting,

Treasureguide@comcast.net