Search This Blog

Saturday, December 3, 2022

12/3/22 Report - Beach Metal Detecting Conditions On Some Beaches Today. A Couple Beaches Still Closed.

 

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.


Wabasso Still Closed Friday.
Photo by DJ.

Wabsso was still closed Friday.  Walton Rocks was still closed Saturday and is scheculed to be reopened Dec. 24.

I talked to one of the parks people at the beach about a week ago who said it would be closed a while.  They were supposedly looking for a new beach to use as a dog park in the mean time.  Work to clear the parking lot at Walton Rocks, which was a few feet deep in washed over beach sand.  Someone left a nice new SUV in the parking lot, and after the storm sand was almost up to the windows on the car.  Thanks to DJ for sending me screen shots on the status of Walton Rocks.

I took four photos this morning, but my photos were no good, so I'll just show you what I saw.

The beaches I saw on South Hutchinson Island were little changed since yesterday.  Down by the waterline at Frederick Douglass there was just a few inches of sand over shells, which contained a lot of old mangled aluminum bits.  There were a few lead targets as well.  There were some beaches that presented coin lines thought.  Blind Creek and South Jett Park were two.  You could pick up quite a few modern coins on those beaches and whatever else might happen to pop up in between coins.  I didn't run into any shipwreck items today.

I only saw one other detectorist this morning.  That surprised me.  I expected more.

Below are some photos from the Vero area as viewed Friday.  As I said, of the beaches that i saw, little changed since yesterday.


Seagrape Trail Friday
Photo by DJ.

Seagrape Trail Friday.
Photo by DJ.

Turtle Trail Friday.
Photo by DJ.

---

An excavation of a 7th Century grave site in Switzerland has thrown up “spectacular” finds of jewellery and afforded valuable insight into medieval society....

Source: MagicSeaWeed.com.

As you can see, the surf will be decreasing only slightly.

I don't know how I fouled up my photos today.  Sorry.

And then I almost forgot to do my post.  I was doing Christmas decorations.

If you found some reales after Nicole, I'd like to see them after you clean them up.  I have a couple I planned to clean and photograph, but haven't got around to it yet.

There will be a triathlon on South Hutchinson Island Sunday.  I don't know what that will be like.


Good hunting,

TreasureGuide@comcast.net