Search This Blog

Monday, November 16, 2020

11/16/20 Report - More Recent Treasure Coast Beach Finds. More Good Surf Coming This Week.

 Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report.


Gold Nugget and Ring Found
On The Treasure Coast Last Week.


I received the following email and above photo from Jerry P.

I didn’t have Matt S. permission yet when I wrote to you this morning. But now I can tell you about his fabulous find near John’s Island on Thursday.

I met Matt & his wife when I Pulled into the TT parking lot earlier that day. Just happened to park next to their van and I was busily putting on my gear to get started. Matt came out of their camper & introduced himself to me and we struck up a conversation. Turns out they had driven all the way there from California to detect some Florida treasure beaches and had heard about TT. So that’s where he decided to do his first FL hunt. A real nice young guy and only been detecting for a year. He decided on a ML-800 (gold edition) because where they live, there are some good prospecting spots. That’s what he detects for mainly on the west coast. Anyway, we ended up hitting the beach together but after working the area most of us were detecting for a while and him not getting good results, he took off south looking for his own spots. I didn’t see him again until well after low-tide. When I asked how he did he began pulling out of his pocket the two finds in this picture as well as other silver and SS finds he dug.

He ask me what I thought that pea sized ball was. When I first saw it, there were about 4 tiny specks of green corrosion looking spots in a line. But the more I looked at it, I started thinking Gold Nugget!

Now I’ve never seen a raw nugget before, but told him he should take it to the McLarty Museum or a jeweler and have it tested to know for sure.

He cleaned it with some jewelry cleaner and the spots came right off.
That’s what you call a Great first day of Shipwreck Treasure Hunting!

He’ll let me know later when he has a Solid confirmation that it is the Real thing.



That wouldn't be the first time raw gold nuggets were found on Treasure Coast shipwreck beaches.  They have been found on other beaches.   I showed some that were found back a few years ago.  How time flies!

See https://treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com/2014/03/31714-report-shipwreck-gold-nuggets.html

---

As you probably know by now, a lot of musket balls and lead shot was recently found on the Treasure Coast.  Jerry P. found the following.  Below the photo I posted some of his interesting thoughts on those finds.

Two Views of Lead Balls Found by Jerry P.


I was up on the Treasure Coast last week hunting the eroded Shipwreck Beaches.

Here are four very special Musket Ball Finds I made on Thursday that I want to share with you.

I thought you’d enjoy seeing them up close and hear my theories on them.

Notice that odd looking Ball on the bottom? This (I believe) is one that actually was removed from a Spaniard's body (leg or arm maybe). If you look closely at each photo of it, you'll notice at least 3 distinctive things about this Ball. First, is the flat, slightly concaved side where it struck bone. Second, the two forceps marks on opposite sides from it's removal.  Third, is the knife split down the middle of the top side.

I believe this Ball was repurposed after it was removed and then made into a fishing weight. Notice the small pinched area over the split? That was to keep the weight on the fishing line.

I also show the flattened 60cal Ball that struck wood of some sort. Also next to it is a Ball with two Ram-Rod strike marks on it. These I’m sure we’re all Pirate Musket Balls fired at the Spanish survivors.

And lastly, that small 32cal Ball. Did you notice those two teeth marks on it? Sailors were know to bite down on lead when they were in Great pain. Like having a bullet removed without any anesthesia! Do you think it could have been the same sailor that had the Ball removed above?

I got a lot of my theory on these Musket Balls from that link you posted a week or so ago. Thanks so much for that and all the hard work you put into your Blog. I’ve learned so much from you and others that share.

Feel free to use any or all that I’m sending here for others to see.

Best regards,
Jerry P.

---

I posted a couple finds made by Al C. a day or two ago.  One was a pendant, which I couldn't make out.

Al now thinks it might show a gator or something like that and be modern.

DJ enhanced the photo I posted and came to a similar conclusion.

Although it looks like the pendant might be modern, Al says his other item still looks like it is silver.  I'll have more on that topic some time in the next couple of days.  That will be some interesting stuff.

---

Last night I saw the best of mankind and the night before the worst.  

Last night I was able to see the NASA launch take off.  Although I was miles away, I could see the takeoff very nicely for the first few seconds before the rocket disappeared behind the clouds.

Saturday night I witnesses the most sickening display of violence in the capital city of our country as women and children and handicapped people were being attacked by gangs.  If you search you'll find the images of a handicapped man shuffling along with a walker being repeatedly knocked to the ground by a ruthless bunch of thugs.  You'll also see a woman pushing a baby carriage and holding a young child knocked down, falling on the screaming child.  And much more.  Yet the media refuses to report on the violence or tries to excuse it.  Another girl was sucker punched in the back of the head and her cell phone stolen when she falls to the ground.  Anyone who excuses or condones that kind of violence is just as culpable.  The media's Misinformation War is on, and it is aimed at the American public.


See Twitter.com/MrAndyNgo   Scroll down to Nov. 14 to see the videos.


---



Source: MagicSeaWeed.com.


Looks like we'll have some more good surf in a day or two.  I'm hoping that some of the dips that started to refill will get cleaned out again.

I also have some more recent finds to report on.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net