Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 4, 2020

11/4/2020 Report - Conditions On Some South Hutchinson Island Beaches. One Find.

 

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.


John Brooks Beach Wednesday.

I got a chance to check out some beaches on South Hutchinson Island today.  The surf seemed not as high today and the wind was now more easterly.   I was hoping for another day with the wind coming more from the north.

I saw no erosion on John Brooks today.


John Brooks Beach Wednesday.

I saw no good cuts - just a few small ones, but there were some good low spots and some places that defintely looked worth detecting, but I didn't have a lot of time.


Blind Creek Beach Wednesday.

Blind Creek was busy today.  I have seldom been there in the afternoon when a lot of people are there. 


Walton Rocks Wednesday.

There were also some areas at Walton Rocks that looked interesting despite the lack of any impressive cuts.

Here is a quality gold chain found Wednesday.


Thin Gold Chain Found Wednesday.

This thin gold chain was found Wednesday.  I saw two experienced detectorists with good detectors pass right over it right before it was found, and there were probably more that I didn't see.  It was a very busy beach with detectorists everywhere.  One detectorist that I saw pass over the chain was using a CTX 3030.  I don't know what detector the other was using, but I'm sure it was good.   I'll expand on that some other day.

The chain weighs 4.6 grams and is thin, but very nice.  Some detectors might have trouble with it.

There are still a lot of targets out there and a lot of good places to detect. I just had a little time to detect today. 

The surf predictions look interesting.


Source: MagicSeaWeed.com.

Next week looks very interesting - especially considering how things have been developing recently.

Happy hunting,

Treasureguide@comcast.net