Search This Blog

Saturday, November 21, 2020

11/21/20 Report - Treasure Coast Beach Detecting Conditions Rated 3. A Few Beaches and Finds.

 

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com.

Couple Gold Rings Found Saturday Morning.

I'm just in from a morning hunt and wanted to do a quick post so you'd know what is going on.

My big problem this morning was deciding where to go.  There were a lot of good choices to select from, but I decided to go to South Hutchinson Island.

As I said yesterday, there a several beaches that are looking pretty good.  In fact, before I go any farther, I want to say that I'd give the Treasure Coast beaches a 3 on my rating scale.  I feel confident some more nice shipwreck finds will be made.

Above is two gold rings, a piece of black glass and an old lump of iron, which were found this morning. Just a few examples.

Yesterday I showed you Turtle Trail and Wabasso, both of which were producing some older items.  

Here is what John Brooks looked like this morning.


John Brooks Saturday Morning.

To the south of the access at John Brooks was a nice big cut probably six feet high in some spots.  It was probably a day or two old.

There were a couple detectorists there this morning.  One of the cast members of one of the TV treasure shows that reads this blog was working the wet sand.  Everybody likes to return to the site of their best find even if it has been twenty years since.

Here is a little video clip showing the cut at John Brooks.



Just like in the Vero area, several of the beaches on South Hutchinson Island are eroded.  

Walton Rocks had a nice cut, and also some exposed rocks and shell piles.


Shells and Rocks at Walton Rocks.

I'll take a closer look at some of the finds that have been made recently some other time.  This morning I just wanted to let you know that metal detecting conditions are now pretty good on the Treasure Coast.


Source: MagicSeaWeed.com.


We'll have some more good surf tonight, and even though it will slack off for a couple days, there will be another nice bump next week.

Happy hunting,

TreasureGuide@comcast.net