Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 3, 2020

11/3/2020 Report - Treasure Coast Beach Conditions Remain At About a 2.5 Beach Conditions Rating. A Few of The Less Important Finds From Today.

Written by the TreasureGuide for the exclusive use of the Treasure Beaches Report. 


Ambersands Tuesday.

I did some metal detecting today.  I didn't take many photos and it seems I lost some that I did take.

Above is a view of Ambersands, and below are a couple short video clips of Golden Sands and Turtle Trail.

It wasn't a bad day metal detecting.  Things were found.  I'll show you some when I get them cleaned and photographed.

Below  is Golden Sands, which had a littler errosion and a nice little dip along the front of the beach near low tide. 


Down at Turtle Trail the cliff  that I showed yesterday was moved back another three feet since yesterday.  I took a photo of that, but can't seem to find it now.  I'll post it later if I do find it.

The video of Turtle Trail shot about 1 PM Tuesday.





Everybody always wants to know what was found.  I know of reales and musket balls being found.  Small pieces of lead were numerous.  

There was a group of guys working one hole yesterday and they returned with friends today.   About eight people heavily worked a small area for hours.    They still left a few things behind despite the heaviest detecting of an area that I've seen for some time.

I know for sure that gold was also found both Monday and Tuesday.  Maybe I'll show you a photo or two.

Here are a few musket balls that were found today.  

A Couple Small Musket Balls Found Tuesday.


Slightly Larger Caliber Musket Ball Found Tuesday.


The musket balls are encrusted, but show seams and sprues. 

I mentioned the other day about the small caliber bullets that I found in large numbers many years ago.  They are showing up again.

Many have a mushroom shape and have evidently been shot into the sand.

The following photo shows both a bullet in its origjnal shape and a similar one that has been shot and flattened.


Shot and Unshot Bullets Found.

I always wondered why there were so many of those on the beach.  When they show up, other old things are not far behind.


So tomorrow the surf will decrease maybe just a little. It is nice that the wind continued from the north.




As it turns out I was not far off with my beach conditions rating of a 2.5.  I think that was about right.  Some things were found, but not a lot of old coins.  It was close.  Of course, there undoubtedly were some that I do not know about.

We'll see what happens tomorrow.   I'm sticking with my rating for another day, although beaches could start to fill in with any change in the wind.

Happy hunting,
TreasureGuide@comcast.net